Learn everything you need to know about the Invisalign System. Discover how it works, the benefits, the differences between Invisalign treatment and traditional braces, and what the treatment process is like
What is the Invisalign System?
The Invisalign System is a virtually invisible and hygienic orthodontic treatment that uses an innovative approach to effectively straighten teeth. With our proprietary SmartForce Technology, the Invisalign System uses a series of custom-made removable aligners created for you and only you. These aligners are made of a virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth to gradually move them to the ideal position. Most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them, allowing you to keep your lifestyle during treatment.
Every smile makes a statement and with Invisalign treatment, you can be confident yours will say exactly what you want.
Best of all, most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them so you can keep doing what you love. If you’re ready to take the next step, just look for any Invisalign-trained doctor and they can determine whether the treatment plan is suitable for you.
How does Invisalign treatment work?
Once you and your Invisalign-trained doctor agree that Invisalign treatment is right for you, your doctor will take photos, X-rays, and either impressions or a scan of your teeth. These records will be used to make a 3D treatment plan, referred to as the ClinCheck treatment plan, which will be used to design the custom-made Invisalign aligners. This 3D treatment plan will also show your likely final tooth position at the end of the treatment. Your custom-made Invisalign aligners will be produced and then shipped to Elsterniwck Dental Group, who will then give you a series of aligners, typically 3 to 4 sets at a time. You will replace each one approximately every 2 weeks until the final position of your teeth is reached.
How many patients have undergone the Invisalign treatment?
More than 3 million patients worldwide have now started Invisalign treatment and the number of Invisalign smiles grows.
What are the advantages of Invisalign treatment?
Like other teeth straightening approaches, Invisalign aligners are also an effective way to straighten teeth. There are also several other specific advantages to Invisalign treatment:
* Virtually invisible: Invisalign aligners are a clear alternative to braces, giving you a virtually invisible treatment option that lets you keep your confidence, beautiful smile, and lifestyle even when you are in treatment.
* More comfortable: Invisalign aligners are comfortable, with no metal brackets to irritate your gums or the inside of your mouth.
* Maintain oral hygiene: Invisalign aligners are removable so it’s easier to clean your teeth and maintain your oral health during treatment.
* Potentially fewer doctor visits: Invisalign treatment typically requires fewer doctor visits than some types of braces.
* Visualise the progressive movement: Invisalign Treatment allows you to visualise each stage of the treatment process, from the beginning to the end. Also, some patients may require additional steps like refinement, to complete the treatment.
What do Invisalign aligners look like?
Invisalign aligners look similar to clear retainers, teeth-whitening trays, or gum shields. A series of Invisalign aligners are custom-made for you and each aligner will contain the patient identification number (PID number) and the Invisalign logo.